Karachi   ->   Sweden   ->   Karachi, again   ->   Dubai   ->   Bahrain   ->   Karachi, once more   ->   London and Leeds

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The jaywalker crosses the line, once again

After spending quite a few years in Pakistan, I decided to move abroad. This has been a tough decision to make (specially when I had come back to Pakistan by choice) but I finally did take this big step. So, in the last 5 years, I have moved from Pakistan to Sweden, and then from Sweden to Dubai, and then from Dubai to Pakistan and from Pakistan to the UK.

So, I'm in the UK now, looking for a job. Year 2011 has been tough, and I have tried to give my best to manage a smooth transition; e.g,. I extended my stay with my ex-employer as long as possible so that we had a proper appraisal of my team; I did my best to handle the financials part for my dependants as well as to do a proper handover of the accounts I maintained for the joint family living. But I know that I couldn't do everything to perfection as I had limited time.

So, the next few posts will be related to my experience once I landed in the UK. It's interesting...somewhat similar to what I had expected, yet different in subtle ways. Do ask questions...I love answering when I know my stuff.

10 comments:

  1. waiting for ur new experiences in UK :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:06 PM

    I am taken aback by this news, I have to say. I don't know what else to say except wish you the best of luck for your journey ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not surprised at all

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish you best of luck in finding a good job

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am curious to know your story. Looking forward to your next posts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Do something great, now is the time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am surprised...what happened?

    Anyways, wish you best of luck & looking forward to upcoming posts.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jay

    Best of luck in your adventures in a foreign land. Keep us posted on how things go in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous1:06 AM

    Really surprised by your move...What is it that you are really after? Could you get it...or is it a psychological program to change....

    ReplyDelete
  10. More than anything else, it's a better life for my daughter which I believe I'll no longer be able to provide in Pakistan (based on what the country is going through).

    I am not sure if I'll get what I want or not. But I have to try.

    ReplyDelete