Karachi   ->   Sweden   ->   Karachi, again   ->   Dubai   ->   Bahrain   ->   Karachi, once more   ->   London and Leeds

Sunday, January 15, 2006

The Journey Continues...

I have reached where I belong but the stay might not be a long one. In two weeks I have visited places as far away as Khorwa (Tando Muhammad Khan), Lahore, Peer Mahal (Toba Tek Singh), Chunian (Qasoor) and Gunda Singh (Indian border at Ferozpur Road). If I had time, I would have gone to Islamabad and Kashmir as well. I am back in Karachi now.

Things are only a little different. The media and friends had given me an impression that a lot has changed in 1.5 years. While most of it turned out to be true but a major part of it is just hype---progress that won't be able to sustain itself unless infrastructure is developed and more importantly, there is change in attitudes.

There is a lot to do and a lot to say. I leave it for the coming weeks.



In side news,
  • Umar Siddiqi got engaged with Unaiza Nasim. She was in PAF Degree College, Faisal in 1997. I'm sure she doesn't know me. A small world, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment