Karachi   ->   Sweden   ->   Karachi, again   ->   Dubai   ->   Bahrain   ->   Karachi, once more   ->   London and Leeds

Sunday, January 18, 2004

On Getting Visa Rejection (Almost)

ahem...The journey is going to be much longer than I expected. I have recently been informed that Australian High Commission has started rejecting visas for students seeking admission in Master programs with a 3 years Bachelors. Since my case is similar, upon persuasion of my consultant I have withdrawn my application. Interestingly, though, this is a recent policy and wasn't applicable a few months back (Hint: Another batchmate, Usman, went with a similar qualification and a 1.5 year worth of lesser work experience). The restriction might be lifted next year. This means that it's a tailor made restriction and I have been saved from going to Australia at the last moment!


Still, human beings like to cling to their ideas/plans, so I have discussed this issue with Dr. Ata-ur-Rehman and he might help. Anyways, these days I am re-planning everything and have been provided useful insight by some friends (special thanks to Hamid, Kasbati, Kazim, Rashid, Usman and Kami). Most probably, I will apply for Chalmers University (Sweden) and LUMS (or perhaps Canada/ England too). Back to the starting track! I would be glad if somebody joins me in this effort. I might also attempt at GRE in the first two quarters.

The result of the whole activity has been that I got an 8.5 in IELTS; I have gathered some pretty good information on studying abroad; also became good friends with a few education consultants and some hard-working Pakistanis studying abroad.

Just a regular update from my side...

"I have told you before, there's no escaping the nature of the universe. It is that nature that has again brought you to me. Where some see coincidence, I see consequence. Where others see chance, I see cost."
Matrix Revolutions: Merovengian

No comments:

Post a Comment